Why Should I See a Natuopathic Physician?
A doctor of naturopathic physician (ND) is a licensed health care professional in the province of British Columbia. You can expect the following approaches when working with a naturopathic physician:
Treating the root case - ND’s treat the root cause of disease and not just treating the symptoms. Naturopaths focus on prevention of illness by addressing the early signs and symptoms.
Focusing on Prevention - They spend more time on wellness promotion to assist patient in extending their life in a quality way.
Listen to their Patients - A naturopathic physician listens with compassion and works on building a mutual relationship based on trust to help patients reach their health care goals.
Guides in Health Education - An ND educates their patients to empower them with knowledge of their own health, which allows them make the best decisions on their health. An ND works with their patients to develop a comprehensive plan to live a longer, healthier, happier life.
Takes a Comprehensive Approach - An ND will address all aspects of health including, mental, emotional, spiritual and physiological.
Prolotherapy, also known as Regenerative Injection Therapy (RIT), is an effective technique for treating many types of joint or musculoskeletal pain. Prolotherapy is a series of injections in and around the joint structure that stimulate the body’s own mechanism to grow and strengthen joint tissues. The basic mechanism of Prolotherapy is simple. A substance is injected into the affected ligaments or tendons, which leads to local inflammation. The localized inflammation triggers a wound healing cascade, resulting in the deposition of new collagen, the material that ligaments and tendons are made of. New collagen shrinks as it matures, thereby tightening the ligament that was injected and makes it up to 40% stronger than normal tissue! Prolotherapy can completely rehabilitate areas of pain and dysfunction and has an 80-85% success rate.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
New Treatment Provides Lasting Musculoskeletal Pain Relief
Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy is a revolutionary new treatment. PRP is the plasma portion of blood containing concentrated platelet cells. Platelets are specialized types of blood cells that initiate tissue healing. When the concentrated platelet solution (PRP) is injected into an injured tissue, it stimulates the tissue healing process. Treatment with PRP can significantly reduce healing time and eliminate the need for medications or surgery, at a fraction of the cost. Many professional athletes across all sports are using this type of treatment:
Tiger Woods, Rafael Nadal, Hines Ward, Troy Polamalu, Kobe Bryant, Derrick Rose, Alex Rodriguez, Cliff Lee, Donovan Bailey
Neural therapy is a healing technique that was originally developed in Germany. It involves the injection of local anesthetics, nutrients, and homeopathic medicines in to scars, glands, acupuncture points, trigger points, and other tissue. Examples of conditions that respond to neural therapy include fibromyalgia, chronic sinusitis, arthritis, stress, whiplash, frozen shoulder and thyroid dysfunction.
Intravenous and injectable therapies:
- Chelation therapy - for detoxification of heavy metals and supporting the cardiovascular system
- Phosphatidyl choline - for stimulating the repair of the liver in aiding detoxification as well as supporting cardiovascular repair
- Myers cocktails/ Nutritional IV’s - for immunity, chronic fatigue, inflammation, stress, headaches, fibromyalgia
- High dose Vitamin C - Oxidative cancer therapy and immune stimulation
Dispensary - iHealth sells at the clinic quality professional line vitamin, minerals, botanical formulas, immune support, homeopathic preparations, protein powders, essential fatty acids, and other condition specific formulations. These products may be indicated for you and will be prescribed by your ND or other health professional.
- Routine blood, stool and urine testing through Life Labs
- Comprehensive digestive/stool testing
- Toxic element assessment- toxic metals, environmental toxins, plastics, pesticides, occupational exposure
- Cardiovascular assessment – serum blood testing, SPhENocardiograph/ Heart Force testing
- Blood allergy testing (IgG/IgE by ELISA method)
- Hormones (sex, thyroid, adrenal)- via serum, urine or saliva
- Blood typing- ABO blood group
- Environmental allergy testing- Scratch/dermal, and blood IgG/IgE
- VEGA/EAV assessment