The Pilates method is a system of movement and therapeutic exercieses developed over a span of 60 years by German born athlete and physical therapy pioneer, Joseph H. Pilates. The method works by toning muscles as well as balancing muscular force at the joint level. It stimulates circulation through facilitating muscular flexibility, joint range of motion and proper musculoskeleteal alignment. In addiction, it promotes new neuromuscular patterns, heightened body awareness, and more precise coordination. All these things combine to help prevent future re-injury and reduce - even in some cases alleviate - chronic pain altogether.
The beauty of the Pilates method lies in its versatility. The Mat and Equipment repetoire include variations and modifications to suuit the needs of every body: from training professinal atletes to rehabilitation patients, pre and post natal mothers to individuals dealing with structural challenges i.e. scoliosis, osteoperosis etc. to teenagers and senior citizens.
Pilats engages, targests and redefines the core, the powerhouse of the entire body. The tenants of Pilates training are perfect for those looking to improve all sport for performance and recover from the ailments of dialy life.
Pilates exercises use precise movement sequences to develop stability and mobility throughout the body. The simultaneous physical and mental challenges are effective for improving:
- Strength - gradual weight loading allows for strength building without compromising joint function
- Flexibility - lengthening muscle contractions improve range of motion
- Alignment - structural imbalances are corrected with proper muscle function and joint alignment
- Mobility - joint compression is reduced, alleviating stress on joint structures, providing ease of moevement
- Awareness - balance, control and coordiantion improve while building body / mind integration
The key to getting the maximum benefit from Pilates exercie lies in the proper execuation of the exercies, under the guidence of a knowledgeable teacher. Consitent Pilates practice develops healthy movement habits for life, improving the quality of life through a dynamic relationship with the body, mind and spirit.
- Enhanced functional fitness and ease of movement
- Decreased back, neck, shoulder and knee pain
- Increased muscular endurance and flexibility
- Increased core strength and awereness
- Increased pelvic floor control
- Low impact joint movements
- Improved balance and coordination
- Increased energy
- Stress reduction
Strength and Flexibility
- With our custom Pilates equipment, you'll experience both strength and flexibility in your muslce which heps support your joints
- With our small class sizes (MAX. 4) we are able to get to know you and your specific needs, and you get to become a part of Victoria's growing Pilates community.
Full Body Experience
- The Pilates repertoire is constanly challenging every muscle in your body. Or to go deeper, all the muscles, tendons, ligaments, organs and fascia!
- Empower your body, empower yourself.
- We educate you on your proper body mechanics so that you can tae that knowledge and apply it to your everyday.
- We care about every body that walks into our studio and are committed in changing the way you feel, think and look from the inside out.
Every Day Is A Good Day To Do Pilates!